Saan's installation development: "so far away"

From the analyzing, I define my erotic as a IMPRESSION MOMENT. There should not be anything scared the viewer, but make it excited and invite the viewer to play the artwork. It is like a sexual desire that are consented by 2 people. Not a force with a fear.


Site


The low ceiling at 3rd floor.


This site is located on the long pathway. It has a special characteristic that the very high ceiling and very compressed ceiling are contrast in the same space. The feeling of changing in space can create some emotional to the one who walk pass through. So I think that it is going to be interesting if I can create some new experience in this contrasting space.



Experiment

The first idea come up with lighting


I created the light box that stimulate the light which includes white, warm which, yellow, red, green, blue, pink, black light. It can show the direct and indirect light at the same time. It separate into 2 type; one is black surface, another one is white surface.

Warm white

Black light



So I made the survey to see which color made viewer the most comfortable and the most frustrated.
It comes out to be a warm white in white surface and black light in black surface. Most people said that warm white in white surface feels warm, and gentle while black light in black surface made people feel energetic and interested. So I choose black light to be my invitation.


The second idea is a script

I try to think the way to make the unexpected story under the compressing space. The coming up idea is to block the vision and hide the space. The curious of viewer can made the willing attempt of person higher and make them want to pass the space. And also with the way to block the vision, I choose to make it half way because it will be like a guild line to bow and cross the obstacle.

The idea that I choose is to make the space higher. It can be anything that make the space look deeper.


So I got an idea of the galaxy.. which is the unknown ending of space. So I use the galaxy and combine with the lighting to created the new space.

The way of lighting is can be either projected from the ground or ceiling. If it project from the ceiling I can make more tension to the viewer because the light is directly hit the ground. However, the depth of the ceiling will be gone because the light show the end of the space. So I choose the ground projection. The light that I choose and match with the galaxy concept is the black light in the dark space.


The black fabric with the illuminating white color painting can created the stimulated galaxy.



The third idea is dry ice


Dry ice can created the cold fog and also created the bubble sound at the same time. The property of dry ice's fog is the heaviness.It won't float to the air, but it will go down to the floor. So I use this strategy to created the wall of fog.


 Also with the ground floor fog. When the light hit the fog, it will be disposed and expanded by it property.

So the installation will be kissing to the ceiling of the space and invite the viewer to impress the new experience inside the compression space.

No comments:

Post a Comment